Social Icons

Cross-processing

I learned this word - cross-processing or in short Xpro when I started my lomo journey. It is one nice effect which I have fallen in love with.

Cross-processing is developing color print or slide film in the wrong chemicals — for example, slide film by the color negative process ("E-6 as C-41"). The results of cross processing differ from case to case, as the results are determined by many factors such as the make and type of the film used, the amount of light exposed onto the film and the chemical used to develop the film. Image contrast is usually high with blown-out highlights, while the shadows tend toward dense shades of blue. Reds tend to be magenta, and highlights normally have a yellow-green color cast.

Cross-processing effects can be now simulated in digital photography by a number of techniques involving the manipulation of contrast/brightness, hue/saturation and curves in image editors. One of the image editors with ready made xpro effect is Picnik - an online image editor that is user friendly. I know Picnik through Zen who is also falling in love with this effect.

Anyway, here are some photos that I have edited using Picnik with the Xpro effect. Hopefully you guys love it as well ^^

7 comments:

akachester said...

oh me good, u did not put my face there :P

Unknown said...

**tweety mode** I did!! I did!!!

akachester said...

**sylvester mode** i tot i taw a putty tat...

Unknown said...

=.= that one is tweety mode.. not sylvester mode.. lu tau ke tak tau?

akachester said...

**tasmania mode**

Bwara rwaljawkrh wakarklewjea wakejkwajew awekhlkalsa

**bud mode** yameh? I wrong mode liao ar?

Zhen said...

Yeah, cross processing rock!!! Picnik rock!!!

Unknown said...

Yea... Thanks for recommending this site. Lol!!! Make my life easy & also lazy. Bwahahahahasss...